Regional Maritime University (RMU) Admission Requirements for BSc Natural Science Programmes
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
(i.) B.Sc. NAUTICAL SCIENCE
WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in three elective Subjects which must include Physics and Elective Mathematics with an aggregate score of 36 on the WASSCE scale or 24 on the SSSCE Scale or better.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders: Applicants must have credits in at least five (5) G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three (3) Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects one of which must be Mathematics.
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge – GCE ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels holders must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels, in addition to at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level.
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- City & Guilds Technician Part 3 and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc. in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE or the GCE will be considered.
NOTE: i. Candidates for Nautical Science and Marine Engineering must equally meet the conditions for Cadetship training programme.
The University will arrange for vessels/ships for students’ internship/practical training.
(ii) MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE (ALL PROGRAMMES)
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
Applicants are expected to take a preparatory course organized by the University between April and June 2017 to prepare them to write the entrance examination. Registration and Tuition fees is GH₡350.00.
i. All candidates must satisfy specific Departmental requirements in addition to the general requirements.
ii. Final Admission onto all programmes is based on successful completion of physical and medical examinations at the Regional Maritime University Sick Bay.
iii. The University will organize a Proficiency in English Language programme for all prospective applicants desirous of improving their English proficiency, especially those from non-English speaking countries. The programme will commence in July.
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU
- B.Sc. Programmes: GH¢150.00 or $50.00