Regional Maritime University (RMU) Admission Requirements for BSc Computer Science/ Computer Engineering Programmes
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
(i.) B.Sc. COMPUTER SCIENCE/ B.Sc. COMPUTER ENGINEERING
WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in three elective Subjects which must include Physics and Elective Mathematics with an aggregate score of 36 on the WASSCE scale or 24 on the SSSCE Scale or better.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders: Applicants must have credits in at least five (5) G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three (3) Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects one of which must be Mathematics.
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge – GCE ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels holders must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels, in addition to at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level.
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- City & Guilds Technician Part 3 and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc. in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE or the GCE will be considered.
- HND Holders: HND holders in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division from recognized Tertiary Institutions. Applicants must have at least two (2) years post-qualification working experience.
(ii) MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE (ALL PROGRAMMES)
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
Applicants are expected to take a preparatory course organized by the University between April and June to prepare them to write the entrance examination. Registration and Tuition fees is GH₡350.00.
i. All candidates must satisfy specific Departmental requirements in addition to the general requirements.
ii. Final Admission onto all programmes is based on successful completion of physical and medical examinations at the Regional Maritime University Sick Bay.
iii. The University will organize a Proficiency in English Language programme for all prospective applicants desirous of improving their English proficiency, especially those from non-English speaking countries.
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU
- B.Sc. Programmes: GH¢150.00 or $50.00
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
[iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local]
[iv] All Regional and District Post Offices across Ghana
[b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
[c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions soon after payment.
[d] In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size photographs.
[e] A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED.
[f] Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
[g] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificatesand all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Registrar.
[h] Candidates are strongly advised to visit Courier Companies in their Countries for assistance towards the return of the application documents [see g].
[i] The application documents as specified in [g] above should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions
[b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
[c] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificatesand all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Registrar.
The closing dates for submission of applications are July for Mature Applicants; and August for Regular and Weekend applicants. Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712343 / 712775
Fax Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712047
E-mail Address : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org