Regional Maritime University (RMU) Admission Requirements for M.A BSc Ports & Shipping Admin Programmes
A good First Degree with at least a Minimum of 2nd Lower Division in any of the following:
- Social Sciences; Business Administration; Maritime Discipline and other related Disciplines from a recognized University, plus not less than two (2) years post-qualification working experience in Logistics or Maritime related organization.
- The highest grade Certificate of Competency for unrestricted service as Master Mariner or Chief Engineer in the Merchant Navy.
- Applicants must submit the following with applications:
(i) Detailed Curriculum Vitae
(ii) A thesis proposal of not more than 500 words
(iii) Three (3) referee’s reports.
MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE (ALL PROGRAMMES)
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
i. All candidates must satisfy specific Departmental requirements in addition to the general requirements.
ii. Final Admission onto all programmes is based on successful completion of physical and medical examinations at the Regional Maritime University Sick Bay.
iii. The University will organize Proficiency in English Language class for all candidates from non-English speaking countries in June.
All applicants for the 2016/2017 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU
- Post-graduate/Up-graders programme: GH¢210.00 or $70.00
- B.Sc. Programmes: GH¢150.00 or $50.00
- Diploma/Marine Engine Mechanic: GH¢120.00 or $40.00
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank