Sunyani Nursing Training College Grading System

Sunyani Nursing Training College Grading System

Sunyani Nursing Training College Grading System – Grading System

At the end of each semester, students would be graded on the basis of continuous assessment and final
examination scores in the individual courses and their overall academic standing determined in terms of all
courses taken in the semester. The grading system to be adopted will be based on the overall raw score (%
mark) obtained in a course. These scores will then be converted into letter grades.
LETTER GRADE NUMERICAL MARK % INTERPRETATION GRADE POINT
A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

D

F

X

Z

I

80 – 100

75 – 79

65 – 69

60 – 64

55 – 59

50 – 54

40 – 49

30 – 39

0 – 29

Excellent

Very Good

Good

Good

Average

Pass

Fail

Fail

Fail

Fail

Disqualification

Incomplete

4.00

3.50

3.00

2.75

2.50

2.00

1.50

1.00

0

0

Definition Of Grades
Pass Grades: Grades A to C+ constitute Pass Grade.
Failure Grades: Grades C to Z constitute failure grades.
A grade denotes Disqualification from an examination as a result of an examination malpractice or offence.
A grade shall be awarded to a student who is unable to complete a course for reasons adjudged by the Board of Examiners as unsatisfactory. A grade shall be awarded to a student who is unable to complete a course for reasons adjudged by the Board of Examiners as unsatisfactory. Such a student shall be expected to complete the very next time the course is available.

Sponsored Link

Semester Examination
The marks obtained in the end of semester examination shall contribute 70% of the grade for the course while continuous assessment contributes to the remaining 30% (except for practical or other courses which are assessed entirely by continuous assessment). A candidate who fails to obtain CGPA of 1.50 in the first two-semester examination shall be asked by the head of the institution to withdraw from the college. A student shall progress to the subsequent semesters only when he/she obtains 1.50 GPA or will be asked to withdrawn. A student who fails a course for three repeated times shall be withdrawn from the college.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.