Tamale Technical University Admission Requirements For Science and Technology HND Programmes
Entry Requirements for Science and Technology Programmes (Direct Entry)
- SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants: Six (6) passes (A – D/A1 – D7) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization with minimum grades of C6.
- GCE Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in three (3) relevant subjects and five (5) credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Technical School (Certificate II) Applicants (NABPTEX &TEU): Applicants must have Six (6) passes (A-E) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Technician Applicants (MET 1 / MVT 1 / AET 1 / AMW): Technician certificates (Part I and Part II) or a pass in Ordinary Technician Diploma plus four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes (A – D/A1 – D7) including English Language and Core Mathematics.
- Access Applicants: Passes in English language, Mathematics and Science organized by NABPTEX, plus Technician certificate or SSSCE/WASSCE passes in one (1) core subject, one (1) science elective subject and any other science subject.
Mature Applicants for all Progammes
Applicants who have evidence of completing school at Advanced or Technical programmes, GCE ‘O’ Level, GCE “A” Level, ABC, RSA, Stenographer, WASSCE/SSSCE, Teachers certificate or any recognized education and obtained the age of 25 years and above but have not met the above stated requirements are eligible to apply as mature candidates. In addition, such applicants:
a) Must pass a written examination and an interview to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
b) Must provide evidence of at least two (2) years working experience.
c) Must provide a Birth Certificate at the interview.
Other entry RequirementsCertificates or Diplomas holders from recognized higher
institutions are eligible to apply for any related HND programme. However, such
Diplomas/Certificates must be accredited by the National Accreditation Board