University of Cape Coast B.com
The main goal of the B.Com programme is to provide general education to enable the students function as middle-level personnel in commerce and industry. The specific objectives of the programme are to: – Assist students to develop the capacity for critical thinking. – Equip students with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them perform effectively as individuals and employees of organisations. – To assist students to develop an understanding of the concepts, models and theories relevant to the management of people in work organisations. – Provide opportunities to develop interpersonal, teamwork and change management skills. – Develop their abilities to understand and appreciate emerging national and international business issues. – Lay the foundation for further education and professional development in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing and related fields.
Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate are admitted into the four-year Bachelor’s programme.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Candidates must have passes in six (6) subjects with overall aggregate of twenty (20).
- Three of the six subjects must be core subjects (including English Language, Integrated Science and Mathematics) and the other three must be in relevant elective subjects.
- In addition to the above, candidates must satisfy Faculty requirements as indicated below:
- Candidates must obtain passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Candidates must also have passes in three (3) elective subjects under Accounting option subjects. Accounting plus any two (2) of the following subjects: Introduction to Business Management, Business Mathematics and Principles of Costing, Economics and Elective Mathematics.