University Of Education Winneba UEW Music Department
The Music programmes are:
• Music Education
• Bachelor of Music
• Diploma in Music
The Music Education programme prepares individuals to teach Music and related disciplines in Pre-Tertiary Institutions. Students are exposed to practical and theoretical aspects of
Western and African Music Students also acquire the skills and knowledge of teaching children Music. The Bachelor of Music and Diploma in Music programmes prepare students for professional careers in Music and related disciplines. Lessons in Introduction to Music Technology are also offered.
The programmes provide diverse educational opportunities in music and cultural enrichment studies for people with music ambitions.
The programme seeks to attract:
• SHS Certificate Holders
• Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ Holders
• Personnel of the Armed Forces
• Other Professional Certificate Holders
- SSSCE Candidates
- Passes (A – D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
ii) Passes (A – D) in other three (3) elective subjects
A credit (D) in Music will be an advantage.
- WASSCE Candidates
- Credit Passes (A1–C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
- Credit Passes (A1–C6) in any three (3) elective subjects.
A credit in Music will be an advantage.
- GCE Advanced Level Candidates
i) Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
ii) Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
- Mature Candidates
Applicants must be at least 25 years by August 1 of the academic year s/he wants to enrol:
- A General Aptitude Test and
- A Subject Area Test.
Both administered by the University.
- Candidates must possess a Diploma in a relevant subject area from the University of Education, Winneba or a recognised institution.
- Diploma applicants from the Department of Music Education of UEW who obtain GPA of 2.5 and above will be admitted to Level 300.