University of Ghana Nursing School Requirements
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS (BSc)
Three categories of applicants are considered to the BSc Nursing Programme:
- West Africa Senior High School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Mature students
- Diploma in Nursing Holders (enter at Level 200)
- General University requirements are applied
- School requirements
In addition, to the above, applicants must have:
- A minimum of C6/D in Core courses
- A minimum of C6/D in each of the elective subjects preferably science electives.
Applicants must be practising nurses and should satisfy the general University requirements for admission of mature students.
Two categories of diploma holders will be considered for admission:
- Holders of Diploma in Nursing Education/Administration from a recognized University should have a minimum of B+ average or second class upper.
- Holders of a Diploma in nursing from a recognized institution of nursing with a minimum of CGPA of 3.25.