University of Ghana Wireless Access
|1) STUDENTThis SSID/Network is available to students of the University who have registered for a given academic
year. Students shall be required to authenticate with their student ID and PIN as username and password
respectively to login.
Student can request their PIN as shown below.
a) Go to the University’s website and click MIS Web link on the top right corner on the page.
b) Under Registered Users, choose Student. Enter your student ID and click on Request A PIN button.
d) If you encounter any error while requesting your PIN from MIS web OR you do not receive email with your PIN information, then go to UGCS (formally ICT) End User Support Unit for assistance.
|AUTHENTICATION ON – SMART PHONES1) Go to Setting on your Smartphone or Tablet
2) Go to WIRELESS & NETWORKS on your phone or Tablet and TURN ON WI-FI
3) Go to Wi-Fi Settings on your Phone to view available wireless networks
4) Click and Hold the STUDENT OR STAFF Network. Select Modify and Make the changes as indicated below.
5) Select PEAP for the EAP Method and MSCHAPV2 for the Phase 2 Authentication
Fig. m6) Enter your STUDENT ID (or Staff ID) as Identity and STUDENT PIN (or Staff Pin) as Password and the Click Connect or Save.
AUTHENTICATION ON WINDOWS VISTA &WINDOWS 7
1) Right click on the wireless icon and choose open network and sharing center
2) Click on set up a new connection or network
3) Click on Manually connect to a wireless network
5) Type STUDENT (if Student) OR STAFF (if Staff) for the Network Name.
Select WPA- Enterprise for Security
Select AES for the Encryption Type
6) Click on Change connection settings to continue.
Fig. t 7) Check Connect automatically when this network is in range and click on security
8) Select all settings as shown in the diagram below and click settings to continue.
9) Keep all settings as shown in the diagram below and click on configure button to continue.
Uncheck the box – verify the server identity
10) Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
11) Now click on Advance settings button to continue.
13) Now select STUDENT/STAFF to connect to campus wireless network.
|14) Enter student number/staff id as username and PIN as password to authenticate and connect.
1) Go to settings on your mac book/iPhone.
2) Go to Wi-Fi (left Panel) and turn on Wi-Fi and select other (down below)
5) Enter details appropriately for STAFF or STUDENT as show below. Staff’s username is their Staff ID and password their Staff PIN while Student’s username is their Student ID and password their Student PIN
5) Click on join
6) Next, choose Accept button for Server Certificate and click on join to connect to campus wireless network.
You have now completed the configuration of your client and should be ready to connect now.